The Stage for the Future
Washburn University School of Law has provided nearly 50 years of education in its current facility. Constructed after the 1966 tornado, the building has undergone numerous additions and renovations to improve the educational experience and program offerings for our students. After a careful review and comparison of the learning and teaching spaces in our current facility with the needs of the future, we know now is the time to move forward with a bold goal for the school — a new building.
Washburn Law has an excellent reputation regionally and nationally for its high-quality, affordable education. In order to retain that competitive edge and provide the same legal education experience for future students, the school must have a new facility with the functionality and learning environment that is required for a 21st century curriculum.
Campaign Goal: $20 Million
- Invest in the future by creating a 21st century learning and technology environment
- Create interior spaces that encourage collaboration between faculty and students in teaching, studying, and research
- Add a much-needed trial courtroom for hands-on training to complete the Washburn Law educational experience
The Story So Far
- Washburn Law’s current facility design is no longer suitable to promote the levels of interaction among students and faculty that modern legal precepts demand and the modern legal environment requires
- This is a pivotal moment. The time is now to take the next bold step for the School of Law and Washburn University.